Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
This is a great frosting for cupcakes, any flavor cake or even a dipping sauce for strawberries. This is one of my EZ favorites.
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a bowl set over a pot of simmering water, stirring occasionally, until the chips are completely melted.
- Off the heat, add the corn syrup and vanilla and allow the chocolate mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the chocolate mixture and softened butter on medium speed for a few minutes, until it's thickened.