I made this to top vanilla cupcakes, but could be used for almost any cake. I couldn't decide between cream cheese frosting or chocolate, so why not both?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and then pour into mixing bowl.
- 2Add cocoa and vanilla and stir until blended.
- 3Mix in the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- 4Mix in powdered sugar and milk, alternating between the two, and then mix on high until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- 5Store in the refrigerator.
- 6Note: more powdered sugar can be added to make it sweeter or thicker and more milk to thin.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 58.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.3 g