Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
I made this to top vanilla cupcakes, but could be used for almost any cake. I couldn't decide between cream cheese frosting or chocolate, so why not both?
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Melt butter and then pour into mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa and vanilla and stir until blended.
- Mix in the softened cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in powdered sugar and milk, alternating between the two, and then mix on high until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Note: more powdered sugar can be added to make it sweeter or thicker and more milk to thin.