Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
From "All Time Favorite Recipes".
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg, slighly beaten
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups English toffee bits, divided
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Stir together flour and brown sugar in large bowl.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or mixer until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of entire mixture; press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Pour sweetwened condensed milk evenly over hot crust.
- Top with 1-1/2 cups toffee bits.
- Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chips over top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden borwn.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.