Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
These cookies always get rave reviews and disappear quickly. After tampering and trying to perfect many chocolate chip cookie recipes, I finally came up with this one, which is my favorite.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips, semi-sweet or milk
- chocolate, ie-ghiradelli
- 3⁄4 cup toasted pecans or 3⁄4 cup toasted walnuts
- sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Mix eggs, vanilla, and salt together and set aside.
- Mix sugars together in a large bowl until combined and then add melted butter and shortening.
- Mix until smooth.
- Add egg, vanilla and salt and mix until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate and nuts.
- Refridgerate dough before shaping (dough is very soft unless).
- Roll dough into balls and freeze until they are very firm, about 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes.
- Remove cookies just when they begin to turn golden brown.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet 1-2 minutes before transferring.
These cookies are very good although they are a little to sweet for my liking and the tend to crumble very easily.