1/1 Photo of Rich Chocolate Cherry Brown Rice Pudding
this recipe is an entry in Desserts for the RSC Summer 2004 contest.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- 2Whisk together, buttermilk, egg, honey and cocoa until smooth.
- 3Add cooked rice and mix well.
- 4Rough chop half the cherries, add to rice mixture.
- 5Reserve the other half of the cherries for garnish.
- 6Pour the rice mixture into a greased (I use butter) 8x8 inch baking dish.
- 7Set baking dish into a roaster or other baking dish that it will fit into and pour boiling water into the other dish so that it comes about half way up the side of the dish filled with the rice pudding.
- 8(I do this after I have placed it on the oven rack for safety sake).
- 9Use the middle oven rack.
- 10Bake at 350f degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until the centre of the pudding is set, also depending on how dry you like your rice pudding, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- 11Remove from oven and roaster and set on a rack to cool.
- 12When cooled, spoon into 4 to 6 dessert cups, garnish with whipped cream, whole cherries and shaved chocolate.
- 13(I put a couple of whole cherries and some shaved chocolate in the bottom of the dessert cup also).
- 14They look very nice in a wine glass or just an ordinary glass.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Cherry Brown Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.5
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 56.5 mg
- Sodium 116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 9.0 g