- 2 cups cooked brown rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet cherries, well drained and divided
- chocolate shavings
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Whisk together, buttermilk, egg, honey and cocoa until smooth.
- Add cooked rice and mix well.
- Rough chop half the cherries, add to rice mixture.
- Reserve the other half of the cherries for garnish.
- Pour the rice mixture into a greased (I use butter) 8x8 inch baking dish.
- Set baking dish into a roaster or other baking dish that it will fit into and pour boiling water into the other dish so that it comes about half way up the side of the dish filled with the rice pudding.
- (I do this after I have placed it on the oven rack for safety sake).
- Use the middle oven rack.
- Bake at 350f degrees for approximately 30 minutes or until the centre of the pudding is set, also depending on how dry you like your rice pudding, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- Remove from oven and roaster and set on a rack to cool.
- When cooled, spoon into 4 to 6 dessert cups, garnish with whipped cream, whole cherries and shaved chocolate.
- (I put a couple of whole cherries and some shaved chocolate in the bottom of the dessert cup also).
- They look very nice in a wine glass or just an ordinary glass.