1/2 Photos of Rich Chocolate Cheesecake (1 Large or Individual Serves)
A great cheesecake at anytime of the year. Delicious for Easter. The original recipe calls for creme de cacao, but you can use your favourite liquer like Tia Maria, Kahlua or anything that mixes well with chocolate. If you dont care to add the liqueur...no problem....just leave it out. Have been making this cheesecake for many years. No cooking needed but it does need overnight refrigeration. Use gluten-free cookies/biscuits and decorations if required for a gluten-free diet
My Private Note
large o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs, such as golliwogs (250gram packet) or 250 g gluten-free chocolate cookies
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee, powder (omit if you dont eat or drink coffee)
- 500 g cream cheese (2 packs) or 500 g light cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup caster sugar (fine sugar)
- 160 g dark chocolate, melted
- 8 teaspoons Creme de Cacao (chocolate liqueur) (optional) or 8 teaspoons Tia Maria (optional) or 8 teaspoons Kahlua (optional)
- 300 ml thickened cream or 300 ml heavy cream
Cream Topping (optional)
- 1If making one large cheesecake, greae the base of a 23cm sprinform tin and line the sides with baking paper. You can use a smaller tin and the cheesecake will be higher. If making individual serves you can use small springform tins or just use pretty individual glass serving bowls.
- 2Process the biscuit/cookie crumbs until fine and add the melted butter. Line base of the tin or dishes and press in Refrigerate for one hour.
- 3Add the coffee and the gelatine to the boiling water, mix well and set aside to cool.
- 4Using an electric beater- Combine the softened cream cheese with the sugar and beat until smooth. Add the cooled coffee gelatine mixture, the liqueur if using and the melted chocolate. Beat until smooth. Put aside.
- 5In another mixing bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- 6Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate cheese mixture.
- 7Pour the cheese mixture over the bases and refrigerate overnight to set.
- 8Cream Topping- whip the cream with the sugar until thick peak stage.
- 9Spread over the cheesecake/ or individual serves and decorate as desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Cheesecake (1 Large or Individual Serves)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 904.2
- Calories from Fat 682
- Total Fat 75.8 g
- Saturated Fat 45.3 g
- Cholesterol 204.7 mg
- Sodium 442.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 15.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g