1/1 Photo of Rich Chocolate Cake
1 hr 10 mins
Girl from India's Note:
The recipe that I use. Either plain or make Dutch Trufles with a chocolate frosting or a very rich Black Forest for that matter. Posting on request. YOu can use a filling of your choice. I sometimes just top it with whipped cream and some fresh or dried fruits and nuts. For a 'greater' chocolate cake that has replaced this one as the recipe I use (discovered on Zaar) I recommend that you use The Best Chocolate Cake (Really!) by Roosie #49613
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 236.59 ml milk
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- 118.29 ml cocoa powder
- 7.39 ml bicarbonate of soda
- 295.73 ml caster sugar or 295.73 ml brown sugar (I use either or half of each)
- 185 g butter or 185 g margarine (melted and cooled)
- 4.92 ml vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1Add the vinegar to the milk and set aside after stirring till the milk curdles (should not take more than 5-10 mins) Sift the flour, salt, cocoa, caster sugar (if using) and soda together into a mixing bowl.
- 2If using the brown sugar, I add it to the butter while melting it and then cream till mixed.
- 3Pour in the melted butter and half the soured milk into the dry mix.
- 4Beat well for 2 mins.
- 5Add the essence and the rest of the soured milk.
- 6Add the eggs and mix for another 2 mins.
- 7Pour mixture into a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-35 mins till a skewer comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool in the pan for 5 mins and then remove to cool on a rack.
- 9When cool either cut the cake through and fill with cream and fruits (strawberry is lovely) (or you can use sandwich cake tins while baking) or just top with cream and fruit.
- 10I moisten this cake too usually with a little sugar dissolved in a mixture of 2 tblsp of rum and 3-4 tblsp of water.
- 11Drizzle this over the cake(both the parts if you have divided them). If you want it moister then drizzle some more ;).
- 12Then fill.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.1
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 106.5 mg
- Sodium 421.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 6.2 g