My Private Note
nine x ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease 13 by 9" baking pan or three 8-inch round cake pans.
- 3In medium bowl,combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 4In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar until blended.
- 5Increase speed to high; beat until lght and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 6Reduce speed to medium-low; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Beat in vanilla.
- 8Mixture may appear grainy.
- 9Reduce speed to low; add flour mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 10Beat until batter is smooth, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 12Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes for 13 by 9" cake or about 30 minutes for 8-inch layers.
- 13Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- 14Run thin knife around cake to loosen from sides of pan.
- 15Invert cake or layers onto rack to cool completely.
- 16Meanwhile, prepare Silky Chocolate Butter Frosting.
- 17Wait to spread frosting on cake until cake is completely cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 245.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g