Recipe by O-mama
This recipe comes to my family from a good friend who played surrogate Auntie for our kids when we lived in North Carolina. She got it from her Mimi (maternal grandmother). Not sure of its history from there. Smash hit wherever it goes. Several similar cake mix bundt recipes on here, but none exactly like this one so thought I'd add it to the fray. Requires a carafe of milk while eating. *wink*
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, oil and eggs on low speed.
- Add dry pudding mix and dry cake mix. Beat at low speed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Generously grease bundt pan and flour.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn out on rack and cool. Frost if desired.
- Note: I like to apply part of a can of cream cheese frosting while the cake is still warm so it kind of glazes it. Once cooled I use the rest of the frosting. Then I melt a handful or so of chocolate chips in the microwave and use a spoon to drizzle across the cake.
- [Afterthoughts: I tried this with a chocolate cake mix for the fun of it. It became just another chocolate cake rather then the sumptious indulgence we'd come to think of this recipe as. The yellow mix seems to give it a richer flavor in my opinion. Just my 2-cents for your musing.].