1 hr 10 mins
Slain's Girl's Note:
This pudding is very rich so best served in small helpings! Equally as delicious cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 150°C.
- 2Grease a 20cm x 30cm oven-proof dish and scatter with the dried fruit / nuts (if being used).
- 3Place the double cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- 4In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Stir into the cooled chocolate-cream mixture. Stir until smooth.
- 5Dip the croissant slices into the chocolate sauce and then layer them in the oven-proof dish, overlapping the slices as you go.
- 6Place the dish into a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan to 2/3 full with boiling water.
- 7Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- 8Whip the 125ml cream and use to serve with the pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1351.4
- Calories from Fat 1053
- Total Fat 117.0 g
- Saturated Fat 70.3 g
- Cholesterol 575.9 mg
- Sodium 557.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 21.8 g