Recipe by Slain's Girl
This pudding is very rich so best served in small helpings! Equally as delicious cold.
- 284 ml double cream
- 300 ml milk
- 200 g good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 6 egg yolks
- 100 g soft brown sugar
- 75 g dried fruit (optional) or 75 g nuts (optional)
- 225 g croissants, sliced into 2cm thick slices
- 125 ml fresh cream, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm oven-proof dish and scatter with the dried fruit / nuts (if being used).
- Place the double cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Stir into the cooled chocolate-cream mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the croissant slices into the chocolate sauce and then layer them in the oven-proof dish, overlapping the slices as you go.
- Place the dish into a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan to 2/3 full with boiling water.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Whip the 125ml cream and use to serve with the pudding.