Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
This pudding is very rich so best served in small helpings! Equally as delicious cold.
Make and share this Rich Chocolate Bread & Butter Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm oven-proof dish and scatter with the dried fruit / nuts (if being used).
- Place the double cream and milk into a pan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Stir into the cooled chocolate-cream mixture. Stir until smooth.
- Dip the croissant slices into the chocolate sauce and then layer them in the oven-proof dish, overlapping the slices as you go.
- Place the dish into a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan to 2/3 full with boiling water.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Whip the 125ml cream and use to serve with the pudding.