Recipe by The Normans
Beautifully rich - healthy (well, it does have beetroot!) recipe. The girls at work polished this off before morning tea!
Top Review by *christie
I dont like beetroot but this cake was nice. I chose this recipe as opposed to others here because it had all ingrediants that I have in my pantry (no ground almonds or pecans) I put 200g of chocolate in it and it turned out lovely. I iced it with a rich chocolate fudge icing.
- 425 g beetroots, drained
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 100 g chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 3⁄4 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Finely chop beetroot in a food processor.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and caster sugar until light and creamy. Gradually beat in oil until well combined.
- Stir in cooled melted chocolate and finely chopped beetroot. In a separate bowl sift togeth plain flour, cocoa and bi carb soda and stir into chocolate beetroot mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 25cm springform pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes Cool cake slightly before removing from tin.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!