Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Beautifully rich - healthy (well, it does have beetroot!) recipe. The girls at work polished this off before morning tea!
- Finely chop beetroot in a food processor.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and caster sugar until light and creamy. Gradually beat in oil until well combined.
- Stir in cooled melted chocolate and finely chopped beetroot. In a separate bowl sift togeth plain flour, cocoa and bi carb soda and stir into chocolate beetroot mixture.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 25cm springform pan and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 45-50 minutes Cool cake slightly before removing from tin.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve!
I dont like beetroot but this cake was nice. I chose this recipe as opposed to others here because it had all ingrediants that I have in my pantry (no ground almonds or pecans) I put 200g of chocolate in it and it turned out lovely. I iced it with a rich chocolate fudge icing.