Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Creamy chocolate custard...Mmmm! This recipe makes me think of my mom-it's her kind of comfort food. This is another recipe that can easily be made dairy free and I've done it successfully.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, very hot (or regular soy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish or 4 ramekins.
- Preaheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Fill a 9x13 pan with 1 inch hot water and put it in the oven.
- Beat the eggs just enough to blend.
- Stir in the sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Slowly add the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into the baking dish or ramekins and place in the pan with hot water.
- Bake 55-60 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- It will firm up as it cools.
Very easy and tasty family style dessert. I made it as is except I Added 2 extra tbsps sugar and 2 Tbsps coffee for mocha flavoured custard.
Very nice. Made 1 1/2 times the recipe (using 3 eggs) for my family of 5 and we got 5 very generous servings. Not difficult to make at all and such an improvement from a boxed mix.
Mmmmmm!!!! This was the first I ever made custard and it turned out perfect!! It is so delicious! I like it a little sweeter so next time I will add a little more sugar but otherwise it is great!! Will definitely be using this recipe more often. It is very easy to make. No complicated instructions! Just perfect all around!