1 hr 10 mins
Creamy chocolate custard...Mmmm! This recipe makes me think of my mom-it's her kind of comfort food. This is another recipe that can easily be made dairy free and I've done it successfully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish or 4 ramekins.
- 2Preaheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 3Fill a 9x13 pan with 1 inch hot water and put it in the oven.
- 4Beat the eggs just enough to blend.
- 5Stir in the sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- 6Slowly add the hot milk, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in the vanilla.
- 8Pour into the baking dish or ramekins and place in the pan with hot water.
- 9Bake 55-60 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- 10It will firm up as it cools.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate Baked Custard
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.9
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 154.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 7.2 g