1 hr 30 mins
This rich cake has a chewy crisp crust just like a brownie. It's soft melt-in-your-mouth centre is speckled with delicious chocolate chips and walnuts making it a perfectly indulgent treat. The long baking time is what gives this cake its crunchy outer crust and moist centre so don't let it put you off! For a twist, halve the baking time and try using muffin tins for smaller portable treats.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Roast the walnuts in an oven set at 180°C for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted and skins have begun to crack.
- 2Allow the walnuts to cool then coarsely chop and set aside.
- 3Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a microwave container and stir until smooth . Allow mixture to cool slightly then transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add the brown sugar and white sugar to the chocolate mixture and stir.
- 5Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir.
- 6Stir in the flour, salt, walnuts and chocolate chips. Mixture should be quite thick.
- 7Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin, pour in cake mixture and then smooth the surface.
- 8Bake in a fan-forced oven at 180°C for between 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 9Allow cake to cool in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10Serve dusted with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolate and Walnut Brownie Cake
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.5
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.8 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 159.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 27.4 g
- Protein 9.1 g