1/2 Photos of Rich Chicken Soup With Fresh Noodles
This recipe was featured in Cooking Lights Best Recipes of Our First 25 years, in their "fast" dishes section.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon white miso (soybean paste)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh herb
- 5 cups no-salt-added chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces fresh lasagna noodles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs evenly with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the chicken thighs to the pan; saute for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
- 2Add the onion, carrot, and miso to the pan; saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- 3Chop the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces; return chicken thighs to the pan. Tie twine around the herbs to secure. Add the herbs, stock, celery, and chicken breast to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and pasta; simmer for 2 minutes, or until the pasta is done. Discard the herbs. Sprinkle with green onions.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chicken Soup With Fresh Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (234 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.7
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 482.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-salt-added chicken stock
fresh lasagna noodles