Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
This recipe was featured in Cooking Lights Best Recipes of Our First 25 years, in their "fast" dishes section.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 2 cups onions, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon white miso (soybean paste)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh herb
- 5 cups no-salt-added chicken stock
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces fresh lasagna noodles, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Melt the butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken thighs evenly with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Add the chicken thighs to the pan; saute for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan.
- Add the onion, carrot, and miso to the pan; saute for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add wine; cook for 1 minute, scraping the pan to loosen browned bits.
- Chop the chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces; return chicken thighs to the pan. Tie twine around the herbs to secure. Add the herbs, stock, celery, and chicken breast to the pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, and pasta; simmer for 2 minutes, or until the pasta is done. Discard the herbs. Sprinkle with green onions.
Delicious! I did not use the white miso. For my herbs I used dry bay leaf, parsley and thyme. I've been growing my own celery in the house by planting the stalks after you use up all the celery stems. So I also used some of the leaves in the soup. I threw in some minced garlic and some MSG to bring out the flavors. The lasagna noodles were a great idea. Remember though to break them up small enough as they expand quite a bit when they are cooked. The wine was a great touch also (I used white cooking wine) and for good measure I added 1 tbs. of butter to the end product. Definitely a keeper. Made for Winter Photo Tag.