Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I used to work for the department store Neiman Marcus and they serve a popular chicken salad in their restaurant, the Zodiac Room. Employees ask for recipes occasionally and the chef posted this one in break room. This is such a great lunch served over crisp lettuce and some grape tomatoes!
- 3 cups cooked and diced chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash white wine vinegar
- toasted slivered almonds or sliced almonds
- Whisk the mayo, cream, vinegar and salt in a large bowl until smooth.
- Add the chicken and celery and mix well.
- Check the taste and add vinegar or salt as needed.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds.
The cream makes this excellent. I add some garlic, pepper and onions, substitute grapes for the celery and used walnuts instead of almonds and it turns out great!
This recipe is absolutely fabulous! Try it, you won't be disappointed!
My family really liked this, but I admit to making a few changes, and I forgot the almonds. I added onions, because my husband thinks all chicken salad has it. I thought I was out of white wine vinegar, so I used red. Maybe next time I will look closer!