Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Rich, creamy and elegant---this chicken marsala is sure to impress! And, it's an amazingly quick and easy one-dish meal, with only 30 minutes start to finish! A lovely dish for company or a special weeknight meal (but not for dieters!). Great with rice pilaf and Lemon Asparagus Lemony Fresh Asparagus With Thyme, and a nice glass of champagne or blush rose. For dessert may I suggest something light and fruity along the lines of Limoncello Verrines Limoncello, Raspberry & Mascarpone Mousse, Lemon Thyme Sorbet Lemon Thyme Sorbet, or Lavender Ice Cream Lavender Ice Cream. Note: Makes 4 full size servings using whole chicken breasts, -or- use breast halves to make 8 petite servings. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped (include green part)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or 8 chicken breast halves)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup marsala wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 (4 ounce) cans button mushrooms (or 1 cup fresh mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 ounces sliced ripe olives
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a skillet, saute green onion in butter.
- Add chicken and cook on medium heat until meat is slightly brown, turning once; about 10 minutes total. (Note: chicken breasts may be cut in half for smaller servings).
- Add wine, cream, mushrooms, paprika and olives.
- On low heat, cook covered until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh snipped parsley. Great served with rice pilaf and asparagus spears.