Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very creamy sauce! It's also good with shrimp or scallops
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, R-T-C, cut 1/4-inch thick slices
- 4 ounces fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Place salad dressing in a small resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. Cook fettucine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat until juices run clear; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, melt butter; whisk in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in cheese and chicken; heat through. Drain fettuccine. Serve chicken mixture with pasta.
I fixed this for super tonight for my family and my parents. I changed the servings to 6. I thought it was really good but will cut the amount of italian salad dressing in half next time I fix it. I also fixed a salad with Olive Garden Salad Dressing and it was the perfect meal. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall/2008.