Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a Friends of the Library cookbook. The bars are easy to make and taste awsome. Plus the ingredients are things that most people have one hand. My kids also love it.
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan and set aside.
- Melt peanut butter and margarine in a medium pan.
- When melted add the sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla, stirring until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set. Cool, and cut into squares.
YUMMY...Just the flavor I was looking for and sooooooo easy to make. Thanks Kim!
I love making these bars. Although I substitute self-rising flour and omit the baking powder and salt. I add 1 tsp. of vanilla extract and about 1 cup of the mini-chocolate chips.Delicious!