Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from Taste of Home New Cake Mix Creations cookbook. It makes some nicely rich & gooey bars! Preparation time does not include cooling time after baking.
Top Review by Michelle_My_Belle
i accidentally doubled the recipie (cake mixes are usually 18.5 oz around here) i made it in an 11 x 7 and added some vanilla in, only used 3 cups of powdered sugar and threw the extra 2 oz of cream cheese left in the package (waste not). i think next time id like to mix it all in together instead of layers - it turned out very nice - untill i decided to try and position it upright on the wire rack (i flipped it out of the dish upside down) and it sooooorta all fell apart XD but its continuing to cool. easy easy easy to make - i sampled some (i wouldnt dare try and eat more seeing as how sweet and rich it is my teeth couldnt handle it) and so did dbf, ill def be making this again someday thanks for the recipie
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
For the Topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease bottom of 9-inch square baking dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, butter & egg, then spread into bottom of baking dish.
- In small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar & egg, then spread evenly over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack before cutting into small bars.
- Store in refrigerator.