Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a copy cat of the italian dressing from Rich & Charlie's restaurant in St. Louis. I make it lower fat by using light dressing. Cook time is for chilliing overnight.
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light Italian dressing
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) jar pimientos
- Mix all ingredients and let stand overnight.
- Serve over iceberg and red leaf lettuce.
Excellent! Expecting a dozen guests, I doubled the recipe to be sure there was extra for those who might like lots of dressing. There was tons left over. Not a problem since we've enjoyed leftovers all week, but I think you can count on one batch being enough for 16-18 servings. The only change I'll make next time is to grate the Parmesan on top as I usually do instead of mixing it in. Being totally immersed in the liquid for awhile made it taste slightly soggy.
My uncle made this salad for a party last week - it was definitely the best salad I've ever had! I can't wait to make it!
I can't believe I found this when I wasn't looking!! This is my all time favorite salad. Haven't been to Rich & Charlie's in 10 years and I have been CRAVING this all week!! I tried to make it years before, but it was just not quite right---sugar---it's the key. Fantastic!!