Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was my great aunt's recipe and it was originally called "Caramel Pudding". Puddings may have evolved into something different from what they were 100 years ago and I didn't want to cause any confusion, so I changed the title to reflect the outcome. This is so easy and really rich. A little bit goes a long way!
- Boil the syrup ingredients in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
- Blend the dry ingredients together.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients until grainy[I just pinch everything until it all feels about the same size grains].
- Add the milk and stir lightly until mixed.
- Pour the syrup into a medium baking dish (9"x9") and drop soup spoonfuls of the dumpling mixture into the syrup.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- When it is done, flip the dumplings over so the crispy side will soak up more of the yummy stuff.