1/4 Photos of Rich Caramel Cheesecake
Who wouldn't enjoy a sweet, creamy, cheesecake with yummy caramel flavoring it. The garnish is optional. I also added fresh whipped cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the crust
For the caramel
For the cheesecake
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar, one cup packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream, well chilled
Garnish Caramel Panes
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For the crust:.
- 3Combine butter and crumbs, mixing well with a fork. Press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 4For the caramel:.
- 5Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add zest and stir well. Cover with a lid and cook until sugar turns a medium amber color, about 3-6 minutes after mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir 30 seconds. Slowly stir in cream, being careful to avoid spatters. Set aside.
- 6For the cheesecake:.
- 7Beat cream cheese and both sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy. Add vanilla and salt. Add eggs one at a time, beating on lowest speed of mixer just until incorporated.
- 8Pour two-thirds of batter over crust. remove zest from caramel and beat caramel mixture into remaining batter. Pour caramel batter over plain batter in pan and swirl mixtures with a rubber spatula.
- 9Place in center of the oven and bake for about 50 minutes, or until edges are firm but middle still Wiggles. Remove from oven and cool. Chill.
- 10Beat the 1 cup whipping cream till stiff and spraed on chilled cake.
- 11OPTIONAL --.
- 13Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Boil until mixture is light brown and a small amount dropped in cold water forms a brittle ball. Remove from heat and immediately pour into 2 9-inch circles, on a well-buttered cookie sheet pan.
- 14When the caramel starts to harden, cut each circle into six wedges a sharp knife. As caramel continues to harden, recut the wedges several times.
- 15Slide the tip of a sharp knife under a wedge and remove from plate.
- 16Place on a buttered cookie sheet to continue cooling. Continue with remaining panes. Some may break. Save six of the most attractive panes for the decoration.
- 17Just before serving, placing panes vertically into the cheesecake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Caramel Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.1
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.0 mg
- Sodium 324.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of