Recipe by HeatherFeather
A favorite muffin recipe I turn to often. Adapted from one of my favorite community cookbooks, "Enough to Feed an Army."
Top Review by Mirj
My office is very happy! I made these last night and brought them in today, and I have some very happy co-workers this morning! I used about a 1/2 cup of poppy seeds instead of the measly 3 teaspoons. I also used brown sugar, since I was running out of white. I made mini-muffins, managed to get about 40 out of the amount of batter here. This is a great breakfast muffin!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet unsalted butter (no substitutes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt or 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or lemon flavoring is nice too)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or grease tins well.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, poppy seeds, salt, baking soda.
- In another bowl, using a mixer, cream together sugar and butter.
- Beat in eggs to the butter mixture one at a time,then beat in yogurt and vanilla.
- Hand stir together the dry mixture and the butter mixture just enough to moisten ingredients- there should still be some lumps (press out any big lumps with your spoon).
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake 15-20 miutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire racks.