Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another great and tasty square I got from a friend.
- 1 (18 ounce) package butter pecan cake mix or 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 (12 ounce) containerready to spread pecan cake frosting
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, if desired
- Beat the cake mix, butter and the egg at low speed until blended.
- Press in the bottom of an ungreased 9x13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 to 20 minutes or till golden.
- Heat the marshmallows, chips, and the frosting over low heat, stirring constantly until melted.
- Stir in cereal, spread over the baked layer.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- press LIGHTLY.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
This was excellent! Very rich! Used the butter pecan cake mix and added just a touch of butter flavoring for even more richness. This is a repeater for sure!! Thank you MichEgan!