Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This version is made with coconut milk. Serve with soy ice cream, bananas, meringues or sponge cake, or even try it with fritters (see my recipes for a lactose free fritter recipe).
- Place water and sugar in small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until dissolved, then bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and leave for several minutes, add coconut milk and stir well.
- Mix arrowroot with a tbs of water until smooth and then pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan and stir over gentle heat to thicken slightly.
- Serve hot or cold. Makes just over 1 cup.