Prep 2 mins
Cook 6 mins
Wonderful on cakes, ice cream etc. This sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated, just warm slightly before using.
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan combine first 5 ingredients; stir over low heat until both sugars dissolve.
- Increase heat and boil until large bubbles break on surface, and sauce drops quickly from the spoon (this should take around 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat; whisk in whipping cream and vanilla (mixture will bubble up vigorously).
Wish I'd made a sauce like this to include in the holiday gift bags I handed out last Saturday evening, but . . . THIS SAUCE IS GREAT & goes especially well when drizzled (along with some homemade chocolate sauce I'd made) over WHATEVER! So far we've had it with ice cream, & chocolate pound cake, & just a tiny bit over some vanilla yogurt! Thanks for posting this great recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of the Cookathon for Kittencal]