Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
The title says it all! And OH SO GOOD!!! :)
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Combine over hot water in double boiler, butterscotch chips and butter.
- Stir til chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and pecans with a fork til mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Reserve 2 cups crumb mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture into bottom of lightly greased 15 1/2x10 1/2" baking pan. *A 13x9" pan will work, but you may have to bake longer AFTER cream cheese layer and topping has been added. But bake the same for the crust part.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar til creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Blend in flour and lemon juice.
- Pour evenly over hot baked crust.
- Sprinkle evenly with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes, *a little longer if using a 13x9" pan.
- Cool completely, cut into bars, chill before serving.
- Makes about 3 dozen bars if cut small.