1/2 Photos of Rich Butter Pecan Cookies
Seasoned Cook's Note:
The taste is similar to a pound cake! Rich and buttery! For successful taste use only butter - no substitutes. A pretty cookie which is topped with chopped pecans. Our family has always used this recipe for parties, weddings, and holidays. It is different from the normal cookies and therefore, everyone asks for the recipe. It also makes a pretty presentation on a Christmas cookie tray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate white of egg from yolk and set aside.
- 2Cream butter and sugar. Beat egg yolk with water and add to creamed butter mixture. Add vanilla, flour and salt.
- 3Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Patting dough with hands, thinly spread onto cookie sheet, covering only a three-fourth area of the sheet.
- 4Cut white of egg to keep it from being too stringy and smear over top of batter by hand. Sprinkle finely chopped pecans on top and press inches.
- 5Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 15 to 20 minutes until lightly browned on edges. Do not overcook. When cool, cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Butter Pecan Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.2
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 54.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g