Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
If you love brownies, you may want to try this. It is a bit different, but I bet it is great!! You may add more walnuts if desired, for garnish 8)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, chilled
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate (melted & cooled room temp.)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly butter an 8-inch diameter circle in the center of a baking sheet.
- In large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in butter into 1/2 inch cubes and distribute them over the flour mixture.
- With pastry blender or two knives used scissors fashion:.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, stir the milk, chocolate, egg and vanilla.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture and knead together to combine.
- Knead in the walnut pieces.
- With lightly floured hands, pat dough into a 7-inch diameter circle in center of the prepared baking sheet.
- With a serrated knife, cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center a scone comes out with just a few crumbs.
- Remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
- With a spatula, transfer scones to the wire rack to cool.
- Recut into wedges, if needed.