Recipe by TiaGem
These are really pretty simple to make and very good! My husband is always grateful when I make them. You can use reduced-fat sour cream successfully (if you wish). I have made a batch ahead of time and used them throughout the week as well.
Top Review by Pumpkie
I made these this morning for fathers day a very simple recipe with wonderful results. I did add 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon, freshly grated nutmeg and a teaspoon of vanilla. I hope you don't mind the changes but I didn't want to add another recipe just because of the add ins. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Place everything but the egg white in a large mixing bowl and beat on low until moistened.
- Increase speed to medium, mixing until smooth.
- By hand, gently fold in beaten egg white.
- Pour a rounded 1/2 cup of batter over grids.
- Close your waffle maker and bake until steam no longer escapes (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove waffle with a fork and garnish as desired.