Recipe by Beeks
A delicious rich baconey stew. This is a very old recipe from a home economics class.
- 2 tablespoons seasoned flour (add salt and pepper to the flour)
- 1 lb lean stewing beef, cubed
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll cubes of meat in flour.
- Put bacon pieces in heavy saucepan and cook until transparent.
- Add onions, cook and stir until onions are yellow.
- Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Add seasonings,garlic and broth.
- Bring to a boil,turn down heat and simmer for an hour.
- Add vegetables and continue simmering for about another hour,adding more water if necessary.