Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love beef barley soup does not get ANY better than this! This recipe is VERY easy, and contains a 'secret' ingredient that I think sets it above the rest! I served this with a green salad and toasted cheese buns for a delicious dinner on a rainy night!
- 680.38 g sirloin steaks (leftovers or fresh)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1419.54 ml beef broth
- 118.29 ml barley
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 473.18 ml tomato sauce
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 473.18 ml onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml celery, chopped
- 473.18 ml green peppers, chopped
- 354.88 ml carrots, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml ground cloves
- Cut steak into bite sized pieces.
- Saute in olive oil in a large pot until nicely browned.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer partially covered for 2 hours to allow flavours to blend.