Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I had excess basil from a friend with an overgrown herb garden and used it for this amazingly rich, creamy sauce, thats very easy. Great with pasta, chicken, etc.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint light cream
- Heat light cream, salt and pepper over medium-low heat, allow to come to a simmer while working on the basil.
- Place basil, garlic, nuts, and cheese in food processor and blend until almost smooth.
- Add olive oil in thin stream until emulsifies, while scraping the sides down to blend (emulsify: turns a lighter shade of green).
- By this time the cream will have come to a light simmer, add half of the cream to your basil mix and blend, until smooth, add this back to the remaining cream in the pan.
- Bring to a light simmer for 5 minute.
- Serve! :).
fantastic. I added quite a bit of salt. Used heavy whipping cream instead of Light Cream. Not sure what Light cream is. great stuff. It smelled so dang good!