Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are scary-good!
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- sweetened whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange eight 1/2 cup ramekins in a large roasting pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate at medium power for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds; let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with the whole eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, melt all of the butter over moderate heat until sizzling. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the chocolate until smooth. Add to the egg mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the pudding in to the ramekins. Carefully fill the roasting pan with enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake the puddings for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are firm but the centers are still a bit soft. Remove the ramekins from the water bath and let the puddings cool completely. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.