Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I wanted to make a recipe for some lemon cookies on here and needed arrowroot cookies for them. I make everything from scratch so had to make these in order to make the lemon ones.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup arrowroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir remaining ingredients together and add. Mix well.
- Roll 1/8 inch thick on floured surface. Cut into 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- Prick with fork. Grease baking sheet. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Allow a bit more baking time if rolled thicker.
These were good - very sweet. I used whole-wheat pastry flour, and it worked well.