Rich and Spicy Coconut & Red Lentil Soup
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry onions, chile, garlic and lemongrass for 5 minutes, until onions are softened but not brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add lentils and spices to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk and water and stir.
- Bring to a boil, stir, and then reduce heat. Allow mixture to simmer for 45 minutes until lentils are nice and soft, almost mushy.
- Add the lime juice, scallions and cilantro, reserving a bit of each for garnish.
- Season with salt and pepper and ladle into your favorite soup bowls!
- Garnish and serve hot with naan!