Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from a friend of mine (thanks, Issie!) and tried it yesterday for the first time. It's VERY rich! She normally puts orange liqueur in, but you can choose to replace that with whatever you prefer. I went for brandy, which kept the sweetness down, too. The chocolate I used was 70% cocoa dessert chocolate. I served this with a little cream, whipped up with sugar and grated nutmeg, just to add a touch of sweetness.
- Bring the cream to a boil, making sure it doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile, break the chocolate into small pieces and put in a tall jug.
- Pour the cream over the chocolate and use a hand blender to mix well, until all the chocolate has dissolved.
- Blend in the egg and liqueur.
- Pour into ramekins or espresso cups and refrigerate until set.