Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple recipe that's bursting with flavor. It's perfect for garlic lovers, and can be served by itself or over pasta. Either way, be sure to have a nice crusty french bread on the side!
- 1⁄2 cup lightly-salted butter
- 12 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup clam juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby clams
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb fresh salmon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb shrimp (or a combination, cleaned and shelled) or 1 lb lobster (or a combination, cleaned and shelled)
- 1 lb scallops
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (pre-cooked)
- 12 mussels (or a combination) or 12 clams (or a combination)
- Saute garlic, onion, celery, and carrots in the butter over medium heat until the onions are soft (5-10 minutes).
- Add chopped tomatoes, basil, thyme, parsley, and pepper, and saute for 10 more minutes.
- Add clam juice, baby clams, and white wine, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all of the seafood, and simmer, covered, over medium low heat for 10 minutes more. (Do not stir the bouillabaisse after the seafood has been added. This will prevent the salmon from breaking up.).
- Serve in large bowls, by itself or over pasta. Be sure to have plenty of crusty french bread for dipping.