Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is over the top bread pudding, super sweet and best when warm. The recipe is courtesy of Paula Deen, but I have tweaked it to my liking. Yup, that's what I do.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 extra large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups cubed turano French rolls, stale
- 1 cup sun-maid jumbo mixed raisins
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups whole pecans
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 13x9x2 inch pan. Dump bread cubes inches.
- Mix together in a bowl sugar, eggs, cream, vanilla, raisins.
- Pour over bread in baking dish, making sure to push bread down into custard so it is soaked.
- In another bowl, mix brown sugar, softened butter and pecans. Spread over top of bread pudding evenly.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until set. Remove from oven.
- To make sauce:.
- Mix sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and stir in brandy.
- Pour over the bread pudding and let it all soak in and firm up before serving. Tastes best warm.