Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good with crusty bread and butter to dip in it. I like to use rosemary, thyme, parsley and a little basil for the herbs.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 11 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 15 ounces white meat turkey
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 diced medium onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 cup chopped raw snow peas
- 11 1⁄2 ounces skim milk
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- dried herbs
- melt the butter in a 5 qt pot.
- sweat the onion, celery and carrots until softened, do not brown.
- drain the turkey and add to the pot.
- add the soup , bouillon and milk and stir.
- bring to a low boil.
- crush the garlic to a paste.
- add herbs, garlic and peas.
- simmer for 5 min, taste and add salt if desired.
- serve with crusty bread.
We really enjoyed this. Made some changes...no carrots or snow peas so used a can of green beans. Spices were basil, thyme, and rosemary, with a few splashes of poultry seasoning, a little paprika, pepper, and just a slight amount of salt (really didn't need the latter). Used a cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup (omitted the garlic). Because I had so much turkey to use up, it was too thick so added a second soup can of milk and a second teaspoon of "Better than Bouillon" chicken flavored. Enjoyed with a turkey sandwich for a hearty supper. Very nice consistency. Thanks, CookieMomster!