Recipe by lshade
This is delicious but very rich. Has a lot of ingredients based on what I had in the fridge... some of the amounts are approximate since I was just chopping and adding things, but should be close enough, especially since you may want to make your own variations based on what you have. Might also be a good cold dip or bagel spread, but just made it so I'm not sure how it will be tomorrow!
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups finely chopped spinach (I used fresh)
- 1⁄4 small zucchini or 1⁄4 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 cauliflower florets, crumbled up
- 4 pieces eggplants, one inch cubes, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese, of good quality (not from a bag or can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce lemon juice
- 10 -15 cherry tomatoes (cut in half or sliced)
- 6 -8 pieces of crisply cooked bacon, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine everything but the bacon in a bowl until well mixed.
- Note: For presentation, you can leave the cherry tomatoes aside when you are making the mixture and instead use them to line the edges of the serving dish.
- Spread mixture in baking dish and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, sprinkling bacon cumbles over top of mixture at half way through baking time.