Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 mins
Great recipe promoting Mexican cheese from the California Milk Advisory Board. You can save 50 calories per serving by omitting the mayonnaise and only using 1/3 cup Cotija cheese (instead of the 3/4 cup). Really pretty if you use the red tortilla chips, too. Enjoy!
- 2 cups grated queso blanco (or a mixture of queso blanco and Monterrey jack)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cooked shrimp, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced green onion
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, pureed and strained (I really like jalapenos for this, too)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 cup grated Cotija cheese
- 30 large flat tortilla chips
- 30 fresh cilantro leaves (I just chop mine)
- Preheat broiler.
- In a medium bowl, stir together queso blanco, mayonnaise, shrimp, onions, chipotle puree, chopped cilantro, lime zest, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1 Tablespoon mixture onto each tortilla chip and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil until mixture begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- Sprinkle each nacho with a generous teaspoon of Cotija cheese.
- Place a cilantro leaf on each nacho (or sprinkle w/ chopped cilantro) and serve immediately.