Great recipe promoting Mexican cheese from the California Milk Advisory Board. You can save 50 calories per serving by omitting the mayonnaise and only using 1/3 cup Cotija cheese (instead of the 3/4 cup). Really pretty if you use the red tortilla chips, too. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups grated queso blanco (or a mixture of queso blanco and Monterrey jack)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cooked shrimp, coarsley chopped
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, pureed and strained (I really like jalapenos for this, too)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup grated Cotija cheese
- 30 large flat tortilla chips
- 30 fresh cilantro leaves (I just chop mine)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2In a medium bowl, stir together queso blanco, mayonnaise, shrimp, onions, chipotle puree, chopped cilantro, lime zest, and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread about 1 Tablespoon mixture onto each tortilla chip and place on a baking sheet.
- 4Broil until mixture begins to brown, about 1 minute.
- 5Sprinkle each nacho with a generous teaspoon of Cotija cheese.
- 6Place a cilantro leaf on each nacho (or sprinkle w/ chopped cilantro) and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich and Creamy Shrimp Nachos
Serving Size: 1 (1097 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 64.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo
fresh cilantro leaves