Cook1 hr 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend a long time ago, not sure where she got it, I just know it's the most requested pumpkin cheesecake recipe I have. When I want to splurge on cheesecake, this is it!!! Very rich and creamy, tastes like what you would expect in a restaurant.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 (8 ounce) packages light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap a double layer of WIDE heavy-duty aluminum foil around the outside of a 10-inch springform pan. (To make it watertight).
- Combine the graham crackers, sugar, and cinnamon, drizzle the melted butter over crumbs and mix.
- Press the crumbs over the bottom (not the sides) of the prepared pan.
- Bake in the middle of the oven until the crust is slightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool while preparing the filling.
- To make the Filling: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs one at a time.
- Add the pumpkin, cream, vanilla and spices and beat just until mixed.
- Pour the filing into the prepared crust.
- Place the springform pan in a large roasting pan and add hot water to come halfway up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the cheesecake until the filling is slightly puffed and softly set and the top is golden, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Transfer the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool.
- Cover and refrigerate the cake overnight.
- Use a knife to cut around the side of the pan to loosen the cheesecake.
I don't care for pumpkin pie but I couldn't get enough of this cheesecake! This was the absolute richest and creamiest one I've ever made. I've tried a lot of high end restaurant cheesecakes and this tasted better than those! I used about a 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar and the rest white, made a ginger snap crust with ground pecans in it, added extra spice and a little rum. This is the only pumpkin cheesecake recipe I will ever use. Nothing comes close!
More deserving of 5 stars!!!! Never made a cheesecake before and this recipe perked my interest. I'm so happy I made it. It was a HUGE hit at my Thanksgiving table. It was Rich and creamy and everyone was Mmmmmm with every bite. I will make cheesecakes now because of this recipe. I heard the water bath makes it more creamy... whether it did or not, It Was DELICIOUS! Great Recipe everybody should try this one.