Recipe by Ozzy
A wonderful alternative to mashed potato (great for carb cutters) but equally as great as a side dish with any meal, I tend to add a little grated cheese sometimes too! Enjoy!
Top Review by Bizy_Mum
This is a great recipe! It's delicious as-is, though I've taken to making it with fat-free plain Greek yogurt instead of the mayo. The yogurt is a delcious and creamy sour-cream substitute with loads of protein. I'm always thrilled when I find something uber-healthy AND delicious that my kids will eat. I make this using frozen cauliflower to save time. Thank you for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 medium head cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, bring the water to boil
- Add cauliflower and garlic and cook covered for 15 minutes or until florets are tender then drain.
- In a food processor or blender, process cauliflower, garlic, mayonnaise, and salt until creamy, scraping down sides as needed.
- Stir in basil leaves and serve immediately.