Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Indulge in this rich and creamy hot chocolate and ignore the calorie count!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup double cream
- 2 cups full-cream milk
- 1 cinnamon stick (optional)
- 1 cup double cream, whipped to stiff peak
- In a heavy-based saucepan, add in the broken pieces of chocolate and double cream and over medium heat, stir continously till melted.
- Add in the cocoa powder, sugar, milk and cinnamon stick (if using) and whisk continously till it comes to boil.
- Then, take it off heat and gently fold in the whipped double cream till smooth.
- Re-heat again and whisk vigourously to make it frothy.
- Pour into mugs and sprinkle cocoa powder on top.
A wonderfully rich and creamy hot chocolate that I have added to my collection. Perfect for those special times when you feel like being pampered - makes for great sipping curled up with a favorite book. Made as posted - ignored the calories as this is so worth the splurge! Thank you - another winner!
This is delicious hot chocolate! It really hit the spot on a cold night. It definitely is rich and creamy and just wonderful! I will make again. Made for the