Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very good recipe for garlic lovers. I got this from another site and made a lot of changes that I think made it better. You may want to use more or less garlic, just go by your personal preference. I made this for my DH, he loved it and he is such a picky eater!
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and cut up the potatoes. Place in pot of water and boil until very soft.
- Place half and half, garlic, and butter in a saucepan. Heat at a medium setting until heated through and butter is melted, do not boil.
- Drain and mash the potatoes. I always use an electric mixer to make them creamy.
- Add the cream, garlic, butter mixture and mix well.
- Add the parmesan cheese.
- Taste to see how much salt you need because the cheese can be pretty salty on it's own.
- The potatoes will thicken a bit so give them about 5 minutes to sit before serving.
These are just heavenly! I was looking for some comfort food for dinner last night and chose this recipe to go with chicken and I am so glad I did. The recipe is very easy to make. I made as posted. My potatoes were small so I used about 6 or 7 and ended up only using about 2/3 of the half and half mixture. The potatoes were creamy, garlicky, and so flavorful. Thanks for posting a keeper!