1/3 Photos of Rich and Creamy Coquilles St. Jacques
A very good version of scallops and mushrooms in wine sauce. I usually just slice the mushrooms rather than dice them - I like to taste 'bites' of mushrooms. This is from Pol Martin, a well-known Canadian chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1With 1 tablespoon butter, lightly grease deep pan. Add scallops, mushrooms, shallot, chives, fennel, vermouth, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover with waxed paper and bring to boil.
- 2When boiling, remove pan from heat. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes. Use slotted spoon and remove scallops; set aside. Replace pan over high heat and boil 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Heat remaining butter in saucepan. Add flour and cook 2 minutes over low heat; stir constantly.
- 4Pour cooking liquid into saucepan containing flour; incorporate with whisk. Add cream and mix well; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich and Creamy Coquilles St. Jacques
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.4
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.5 mg
- Sodium 563.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g